One Thimble is a digital sewing magazine which is produced quarterly. It is compiled and edited by sewist Jen Kennedy in Cairns, but has contributors from all around the world.
One Thimble is delivered as a PDF which you download to your computer or mobile device. Each issue has 10+ PDF sewing patterns ranging from patterns for children’s clothing to quilts and toys and everything in between. The patterns can be printed out on a regular home printer and the tutorial steps are included in One Thimble.
Each issue of One Thimble also includes 20+ articles. The articles cover a range of topics from sewing techniques & sewing stories to advice for those running a handmade business. Each issue is jam-packed with inspiration and information to help self-taught sewists gain confidence and perfect new skills.
The May 2016 issue is our 11th issue. It is our winter issue and the theme for the issue is “Urban Jungle”. The patterns for this issue are
- a Women’s Hoodie Vest (size xs-xxl);
- a sleeveless button through dress (kids size 1-12);
- a party dress with double flounce skirt (size nb-12);
- a jumper with a cowl collar (kids size 1-12);
- a pattern for free motion appliques to be put onto a hood (fox, giraffe, panda);
- a hooded tunic/dress (kids size 1-12);
- long pants (kids size 1-12);
- baby shoes (size nb-18months);
- a quilt, cross-stitch, felt puzzle animal game and soft baby balls.
Contact detailsWebsite: www.onethimble.com.au