Website address

Friday, 4 July 2014

Teacup Pin Cushions



I've been wanting to make these for ages! They combine my love of vintage, repurposing and scrap busting plus they are pretty cute, if I do say so myself! I whipped these up to sell at the ASG stand at the Sewing, Stitching & Handcraft Fair in SA.


They are really simple to make. I thrifted the teacups (and a cracked Wedgwood pot I found) from local Op shops. Where the cups had saucers, I left the saucers with the cups, they are handy for keeping small bits and bobs. To make the pin cushion & needle 'tea bag' tab, I used some fabric scraps, a little felt, some thin ribbon, hobby fill and tacky glue. All of that came from stash. This tutorial shows you how to go about making them.

We'd love to see you at the Sewing, Stitching & Handcraft Fair! All the details are below:

Dates
July 18 - 20, 2014

Venue
Wayville Pavilion
Adelaide Showgrounds

Open Times
Friday 10am to 5pm
Saturday 10am to 5pm
Sunday 10am to 5pm

Admission Prices

Adults $10.00
Pensioners $8.00
Kids U/15 Free
with an Adult

No comments:

Post a Comment